We manage your property as if it were our own.
An unusual approach perhaps but it makes perfect sense to us, to our clients and once we have explained what we mean by it, hopefully to you too. We put ourselves in your shoes and think about what, in an ideal world, we would want from a managing agent. As well as what we wouldn't.
We would look for:
- Concise reporting and clear recommendations, not incomplete records and suggestions
- Good ongoing communication without difficulties in contacting us
- Transparency of costs and fees, not poor, incomplete or incomprehensible reporting
- A bespoke strategy for each block rather than a 'one size fits all' approach
- Value for money on works carried out
- An in house service charge debt recovery team, with a proven track record.
- A member of the Ombudsman services.
Perhaps most importantly, from the day that Portland Block Management was established over 12 years ago we put in place processes and procedures to ensure that we delivered against our promise. That's why we have a diverse and growing portfolio of clients that spans new builds to older buildings and ranges from blocks of just ten flats to developments of over 100 flats. At the heart of what we do is the fact that block management is a straightforward business. We believe that efficient and effective block management revolves around getting tasks done properly in a timely manner at the right price. Portland block management benefit from our own in house maintenance department keeping costs as low as possible with dedicated workmen and cleaners who care about our developments.