The summary below is designed to offer a brief introduction to Portland management services, outlining the range of services and our plans for future expansion.
These can be tailored exactly to suit your needs with any additions/deletions that are necessary to ensure professional and efficient management at competitive prices.
The Core services offered by Portland are as follows:
- Provision of main point of contact facilities for all Lessees and Residents.
- Arrangement of 24 hour emergency maintenance service.
- Arrangement of day to day repairs including defect inspections.
- Drawing up and instigating an approved programme of cyclical maintenance such as exterior decor, gutter clearance, etc.
- Regular site visits.
- Obtaining competitive quotations for major works and overseeing contractors to completion. Project management of major works may incur an extra fee.
- Arrangements and overseeing of regular service contracts such as cleaning, gardening, window cleaning, etc.
- Payment of contractors and other expenditure.
- Arrangement of buildings and engineering insurance at competitive premiums.
- Submission of claims to insurers and monitoring their progression through to settlement. *
- Dealing with day to day correspondence from Residents and other parties in respect of the development and other matters arising.
- Pursuing arrears of service charges by whatever remedies are available to the Company, e.g. Forfeiture proceedings in extreme circumstances.
- Collection of service charges and levies by methods approved by the Company, e.g. Standing Orders.
- Maintaining records of property owners and contact details.
- Engaging professional services on behalf of the client as required, e.g. Solicitors, Surveyors, Architects, Structural Engineers etc. *
- Maintaining company finance records of income and expenditure for year end accounts.
- Submission of accounts and documents to Auditors for preparation of year end accounts.
- Preparation of annual budgets for service charge collection to cover anticipated expenditure.
- Completion of companies house returns and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Issuing notices, attending and minute taking at the company's Annual General Meetings - if applicable.
- Issuing notices, attending and minute taking at the Company's General Meetings - if applicable. *
- Attendance and minute taking services at Directors/Committees meetings. *
- Dealing with solicitors presale enquiries, recording new lessees, issuing new share certificates and notifying Companies House of new Directors on completion of sales of flats as appropriate. **
* - an extra charge may be levied for this service
** - an extra charge may be levied to the buyer or seller for these services
Not all may be applicable in your own development and you may have other requirements that are not listed here. The important consideration is that PORTLAND is able to tailor management services to suit your needs.
If you require any further information about block management or any of our services, please to not hesitate to contact us on 0161 799 6288.